5.11.12

Book Club: Winter Rose

Linking up with Mrs Readalots Recent Reads...

(Want to join in? Click HERE for details!)



I have recently read The Winter Rose by Jennifer Donnelly. Actually, I just finished it today. It is the 2nd book in a 3-part triology - of The Tea Rose, The Winter Rose and The Wild Rose. It follows the story of the Finnegan family siblings - a poor family from East London who lost their parents and baby sister drastically, their individual rise to success, and the books detail each of the siblings finding true love.

The book really captivated me, and I really hated to put it down. The Winter Rose focused on the middle brother, Charlie, or Sid as he have become known - and how he finds, loses and finds his love again... The book brings you around the globe, and in such detail, that you feel as though you are there.

I would highly recommend this trilogy to anyone - it's such a captivating and delightful read. I find myself a bit sad that the story is now over... (I have already read 1 and 3...)

Good stuff and happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment