1.8.11

Random blog...

I'm still a 'novice' in the blogging world, but I'm trying to get into it. Mostly to keep our friends/family updated and possibly to meet some more fellow mummies/mommies out there. :)  So, bear with me as I adjust my page, title (- note: new title), and photos. I'm still learning!

My first week of being back in school has gone really well. Classes are super full-on this year (which is good, I suppose!) - no slacking at ALL this year. Miss G is LOVING going to care - which is a huge relief for me. :) I'm in the mid-year intake, so it's a much smaller class size - went from 100+ students to 35ish. Much better learning environment. ;-)

Funny story about my first week. A girl I just met, said to me, 'Do I detect an accent?' "Yes, I am from Minnesota, USA," I said. New classmate: "So, do you have permanent residency?" Me: "Um, yes?" Conversation kind of ended there b/c we had to go into class... Not sure if she was from immigration? Haha. Kind of giggled to myself. I'm guessing she was going to keep moving w/ the conversation, etc, but we just had to quit talking and never carried our conversation thru at the end of class.

This is my last week of doing the 'biggest loser' competition with some (new) friends. We've all been trying to loose weight, and for the most part, it's been successful. So far I'm in the lead (barely), and $300 is up for grabs! I'm not super concerned about the money, but I am very happy to be down 5.5 kilos/12 lbs so far! Group weight loss is the way to go - very encouraging - and super excited to have some new friends as well! :)

Well, I better get back to the homework I've been putting off - funny how much random things I can get done instead of doing home work... Wrote on Degen's blog, wrote a poem about Gretchen, cleaned off the desk, decorated kitchen... Yep, procrastination is my middle name!

Haere ra!

No comments:

Post a Comment