This is a question I get ALL.THE.TIME. From family, from friends stateside, and from friends here. As well as workmates, and people I have just met! It doesn't bother me, but it is a question I can't answer. If I have learned anything in life, it is that you don't know what is next around the corner for you. Even the best laid plans need adjusting...
- I love the fresh produce and wonderful food in New Zealand. Albeit expense, I love how I know what I am buying. I love that I have learned to cook from scratch, because it's a quite spendy to buy pre-packaged meals. Making muffins from scratch is from scratch, not a box mix. I love that there are market gardens all over with fresh fruits and vege. Year round.
- The scenery is AMAZING. Enough said.
- I love being so close to a beach. And the mountains.
- Relaxed, laid-back lifestyle.
- Child-friendly and child-orientated lifestyle.
- Amazing work/life balance.
- It's SOOO far from Minnesota. And expensive to travel back to the middle of the country!
- All my family and a lot of my friends are back stateside (or Germany), and I miss them!
I think home is wherever the heart is, and at the moment our home in is NZ. You never know where the future lies, even though we do have a rough estimate...